Somedays you just want dinner on the table ASAP but you don't wanna miss out on the taste or have something unhealthy instead. These are 5 of my favorite recipes I can throw together quick with stuff I already might have in the pantry. With all of these recipes you can make changes and make it your own.
1. Vegan Ramen With Hoisin Aubergine
I love ramen and how versatile and cheap it is! I make my own quick broth and for the noodles I use rice noodles or precooked ramen noodles. The highlight of this dish is definitely the hoisin glazed aubergine, you have to try this! You can of course add whatever you like to this dish, I love adding mushroom, tofu and corn, use what you have in the pantry or what you like:)
- 2-4 packs vegan noodles
- 1 aubergine
- 1/3 cup hoison sauce
- 1 red chili
- 2 carrot
- Spring onion
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- Thumbsize piece of ginger
- 1 litre vegetable broth (or water + vegetable bouillon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Mince the garlic and ginger and fry for a few minutes in the oil.
- Add the rest of the broth ingrediens and let simmer for 10 minutes. If it's to strong add more water.
- Cut the aubergine into bit size pices and fry in a little oil on medium heat, add the hoisin sauce and season with salt and peppar
- Cook the ramen accourding to the package
- When the ramen is cooked, add to a bowl and pour over the broth, add the aubergine on top and garnish with carrot, spring onions, red chili and coriander
2. Vegan CousCous Wrap With Salsa
- 4 tortillas
- 1-2 cups cooked couscous
- Your favourite salsa
- Red Onion
- Vegan "chicken" (optional)
- Vegan natural yoghurt
- Cut up the lettuce, tomatoes and red onion
- Heat up the vegan chicken
- Lay the tortilla out flat and add all the ingredines in the middle and fold as you would with a normal wrap
Tips; 1. Add hot sauce to the salsa to make the wrap spicer. 2. To make the yoghurt more flavorful, add garlic, lemon juice, salt and peppar and you have garlic sauce!
3. Plant Based Buddha Bowl
Buddha bowl or just bowl are great to make with leftover and thing you have in your fridge or pantry. For me the most important element is the sweet potato, then I like to experiment with the rest of the bowl
- 2-4 sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 can corn
- 2 avocados
- Preheat the oven to 425f or 210c
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes. Toss in some olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay on a baking tray lined with parchment papper.
- Cook in the oven for about 25-35min
- Make a salad with the avocado, tomato and spinach. Toss with your favorite dressing or just some lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place the corn on a baking pan and when the potatoes has 10 min left add the corn to the oven.
- Serve with hummus or your preferred sauce. I like adding some balsamic glaze.
5. Vegan Hot Dogs With Sauted Cabbage
I love hotdogs and I've recenetly found the best vegan hot dogs and they are the Oumph Bangers. Sadly I think they might be only avalible in sweden but I know there's a lot of good veggie hot dogs out there!
- 4 hotdogs
- 4 buns
- 1 cabbage
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 plant based milk
- Shred or thinly cut the cabbage
- In a large pan on medium heat cook the cabbage in the oil until soft, when soft add the milk and salt to taste. (Don't be shy on the salt)
- Cook the hot dogs according to the packet.
- Heat up the bread for a few seconds in a dry pan on high heat
- Serve with the condiments you like!
6. Sweet Potato Fries
Not as much of a meal but more of a side. Even though I can admit that I've definetley had this as a meal a few times...
- 2-4 Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425F or 220C
- Cut the potatoes into strips and toss with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay out the potatoes so the don't touch each other.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, flip halfway trough.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of choice. This particular day i went for some vegan bearnaise sauce.
I hope this has give you all some inspiration on what to make on days when you just don't have 2 hours to spend in the kitchen but still want a healthy, flavorful and filling meal.
Have an amazing day beautiful vegans <3